May 4, 2010

CONTINUED: PRIDE AND SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS

Joshua Apostolic Prophetic Network

Home Central


***

Resources: http://www.unknownprophet.com/



* PRIDE AND SELF-RIGHTEOUSNESS *


"I have watched as some of My children have fallen morally. But My anger has been stirred as I have seen some of My ministers-those of My own household-turn, and in their closets, pat themselves on the back and say like the Pharisees: ‘Thank You, Lord, I am not like they. I am glad I am not as they, for they are weak, and surely I am strong and would never do such a thing that would make My Master ashamed.'


And I tell you, My child," and He was greatly pained, "I tell you that I have seen My children-these My ministers-sit in their homes and at their church banquets, gossiping about these fallen ones. I have seen them expose their sin, expose their nakedness and say: ‘This is a terrible damage to the Gospel'-as if in shock and as in horror-but these have themselves fallen victim to the pride of life. And I am grieved with a great grieving.


"For indeed pride says, ‘It is by my own hand and by my own sufficiency that I keep the law.' And self-righteousness despises the weaker and encourages itself in its own strength to keep. But I tell you that in these coming days, all that is not rooted in dependence upon Me and My Father and upon My grace shall fall. And even as Satan fell, so I grieve for some of My called-out ones.


For they lean on their own understanding, they lean on their own integrity, they lean on their own morality, they lean on their own proficiency and they pride themselves that they are not weak like other men. But I tell you that even as Satan fell from beholding himself as greater, so many of these, My elect, shall fall from beholding themselves instead of beholding Me.


"And so when pride takes root in some of My servants, with it shall come a deadly self-righteousness and a critical, denigrating spirit as they compare themselves to others, and they shall see the faults and the failings and the specks in their companions' and their colleagues' and their leaders' eyes, and yet they shall completely ignore the beam in their own. And the terrible coldness talked about in My Word shall grip their hearts, and they shall not even realize that they have fallen away, for they shall be so sure of themselves and their boasting in Me.


You hypocrite, first get the beam of timber out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the particle out of your brother's eye. Matthew 7:5, amp


"Tell My ministers to check their hearts, lest Satan seduce them away from their childlike trust and dependence on Me."


***


As posted on:

Joshua AP Network E-list

Subscribe Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger