May 26, 2006

VISITATIONS - MY ADOLESCENT AND TEEN YEARS

Rss:
LdOxfordBlog-Joshua-apnet
VISITATIONS - MY ADOLESCENT AND TEEN YEARS
(Excerpts of visitations)
~ L.D. Oxford
About one week after i had accepted the Lord at the age of twelve, i had a personal encounter with the Lord Jesus Christ in an open vision. It couldn't have been a dream because i was wide awake when this happened while laying upon my bed.
I was carried away by the Spirit of God and was sat down beside a large lake which had still waters and green pastures all around. While there, the Holy Spirit began to teach me using simple illustrations that a young 12 year old boy could understand.
I can still recall the stillness that was upon the lake with it's crystal water's reflection. I was so filled with an awesome sense of the peace of God that surpassed all human understanding.
Then suddenly, i had a knowing that God had brought me to this place to reveal Himself to me and to teach me things that i needed to know while also showing me some of the the things to come in my life.
During a dark time that came in this vision, he allowed me to also experience what utter hopelessness was like and i also experienced the different types of emotions and despair that are encountered by those in deep, desperate need.
I remember feeling what it was really like to be totally lonely without a friend in the world.Then, He began to show to me ahead of time the great trials that were to come, but He also let me know that He would be with me through them all.
He showed me that whatever happened, He would never leave me nor forsake me, but would go with me, even to the ends of the earth.In this vision, the sky grew terribly dark and everything around me became very gray and gloomy. Black clouds filled the sky where i was and the waters on the lake in front of me began to toss, to and fro.
As i sat there observing what was going on and what was to happen next, a feeling of great hopelessness had encompassed my entire being, yet i did know that the Lord would come to rescue me in the midst of all of this. I knew in my heart that all of my faith was in Him and in no other.
Then suddenly moments later, i heard the sound of a heavenly trumpet blast and looked up at the black clouds where the blast had come from.
Then the radiance of the Glory of God burst through those dark clouds and i saw the brightness of our Lord Jesus Christ expell all of the darkness in a moments time.As i sat there, i watched the Lord in His radiant appearing, descending out on the lake in front of me.
In the vision, He let me know that in answer to His call, he was first going to teach me how to walk by faith and not by sight. Walking by faith is walking straight towards Christ with your eyes focused directly on Him.
And this includes walking through great trials and the difficult circumstances of life no matter what may come our way.He also let me know, that there would be many tremendous storms to weather through, with rough and deep waters to pass through.
But no matter what, He would be not only be living inside of me, but would also be standing right in front of me with out-stretched arms, ready to embrace me. He would always be right there, ready to deliver me from any situation and to guide me through this life.
Then in the vision, He called me by name and the Spirit of God stood me up and sat me upon my feet. He then commanded me to walk out on the waters of the lake to Him. As i took my first step, i looked into that radiant face of Jesus from where i was, which i knew would keep me on top of the water.
I could feel the coolness of the water under my feet as i began to walk towards Him. In order for me to walk upon the surface of the waters, i had to continue to keep my eyes fixed upon His glorious face.At that point of the vision, i fully understood what the walk of faith was really all about.
I had to keep my eyes off of the waters and the turbulance of the waves that were still moving around me. I had to keep my eyes fixed on Him at all times in order to make it where He was compelling me to come to on the waters of life.
That was such a simpler lesson to learn when i could actually see and know what He wanted me to do. The real test in life however, is when you go through those times where you can't understand or see clearly what is going on in your life yet, you will still trust God regardless of what may happen.
Nevertheless He has provided to us the power, faith and grace to overcome in life through His Holy Spirit.There was one time in the vision where i did actually look down at the waters around my feet and i sunk down to knee deep level.
But when i looked back into the face of Christ, i once again found myself walking upon the surface of the waters. At that time, i knew that i would not allow anything to distract me from focusing upon that glorious face of Christ.
From that point on, all that i wanted to do was to keep my eyes fixed straight upon Him and to not glance back at the water that i was treading upon or the waves that were still tossing around me.
As i slowly walked towards Him step by step, I was overwhelmed with an increase of His power and anointing that was coming upon me. I was bathed and filled afresh with the most wonderful peace, joy and happiness that was beyond earthly description.
His peace and joy was deeper than what any human being could possibly understand or describe.Then as i came closer, his appearance was so awesome and beautiful beyond description because of the radiance of the glory of God that shone from His face and garments.
He was clothed in pure glistening white all the way down to His feet and was wearing a sort of golden sash across his chest area which is spoken of in the book of revelations as a golden girdle.
In this vision, because of the glory of God that shone forth from Him, i
could not see where His hair was brown or black as depicted in Sunday School pictures because He didn't look as depicted in those pictures....but His hair appeared white as snow due to the glory of God that shone forth from Him .
I knew that i was not looking at Jesus in His earthly appearance, but was seeing the triumphant, glorified and ascended Christ who shone as the brightness of the sun in strength.
His eyes were as pools of fire that pierced right through me, yet radiating with a tremendous love and compassion that was also beyond human understanding and description.
As i continued looking at Him, his eyes let me know what He was thinking about me. They let me know just how much He really loved me and that He fully understood everything about me. He let me know that He deeply loved me in spite of my short-comings, faults and failures.
He also let me know, that He knew me better than i knew myself and was fully aware of everything that concerned my life then and also for the future. I was constantly aware of what Christ wanted me to know by looking into His eyes.
He actually spoke His thoughts, words and desires into my being by looking at me with those powerful and fiery eyes of His compassion.He also let me know that He had chosen me from the foundations of the world.
He made it so plain to me, that even when others did not understand me, that He had a wonderful plan for my life and that His Holy Spirit would be my personal teacher from that day on. He would be the one who lead me and guide me into all truth.
He also made it known to me that He did not want me to become spoiled by man-made theology and religion which doesn't profit a man. But that i was to be His student in the school of His Holy Spirit.
As i took my final step closer to Him, He embraced me and i became one with Him, for i saw Him as He really was. I saw myself die that day and watched as my physical body sunk down into the lake in this vision. My spirit man was in the state of complete fulfillment and constant rejoicing when this happened, for i had been united with Christ.
So through this great experience, he taught me a number of things about the Christian experience and the faith walk in Him. I have not mentioned everything in the vision here, but have only brought out the parts of it i sensed that the Lord would have me to share with you today.
He showed me my relationship with Him in a simple way that i could understand as a twelve year old boy. And through the years, His training has continued on until this very day.
I have attended Bible School, other ministry training courses along with other earthly schools in my life, but nothing can ever compare with the training that you receive from the School of the Holy Spirit.
He is the one who is your primary teacher in life. He will teach you powerful revelation of the Word which brings life and change to those who will receive it and walk in it. Nothing is ever dry or life-less from Him!
Nothing could ever be greater than to be taught by God's Holy Spirit and He'll teach you the truth every time. Then, you wont have to unlearn alot of the Theology that so many men of God have had to unlearn in order to come into the true untainted revelation knowledge of the Word of God.
God does gives to us anointed teachers who are men (or women) in the body of Christ, yet the Holy Spirit is still our primary teacher who will not only show you the real rhema truth of His Word, but will also teach you through your experiences in life as well.
~ L.D. Oxford
******
THE VISITATION
written by L.D. at the age of 12
I was sitting by a lake in a field far away
Happy with the peace of God within.
And then a storm rose up
And there i was helpless
Battling a strong, forceful wind.
The storm grew so dark
The waters, so rough
I knew there was no hope for me.
But then the fierce storm broke
There came a ray of hope
And there through the darkness i could see.
I heard a trumpet sound
I saw the Lord descend
He came to the rescue like a friend.
He stood out on the lake
And said come unto me
I walked out on the water faithfully.
He stretched out His arms
Just as i approached
Great joy beamed from His face.
He embraced me in His arms
and then my body sunk
My spirit rejoicing full of grace.
*****
(To be contined)
THEN AROUND 16 YEARS OF AGE
*As posted on the:
Apostolic/Prophetic/Global
JOSHUA A/P NETWORK ELIST
Subscribe: Send a blank email to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger